Join CASP Now
Easier than ever to join!
Fill out the membership form and mail it in with your cheque or pay electronically through Pay Pal below and fax or scan and email your membership form.
Pay for Membership Online
- Your membership fee helps CASP in its ongoing work in advocating for increased education and action in the areas of Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Postvention.
- Your membership fee provides:
- Event and resource updates
- Discounts on National Conferences
- Access the Suicide Information & Education Collection, one of the largest databases on suicide
- Voting Privileges for Board of Directors and Executives
- Membership on committees: research, crisis centre, student, survivors, youth and young adult, First Nations/Inuit.
The Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP) encourages all Canadians to join CASP and work with us to prevent suicides and support those whose lives have been affected by suicide. Membership in CASP is open to all including: those bereaved by suicide, those with lived experiences related to suicide, front line workers, researchers, students and any person concerned about preventing suicides and improving the quality of life for all Canadians. Each one of us has a role to play and can make meaningful contributions to suicide prevention. Our organization is strengthened through our diversity and a wide range of personal and professional experiences.
Why Become a Member of CASP?
The Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP) was incorporated in 1985 by a group of individuals who saw the need to provide information and resources to communities to reduce the suicide rate and minimize the harmful consequences of suicidal behaviour.
CASP has accomplished a great deal since it was founded. All that has been done is the result of the hard work of many volunteers, CASP’s board members past and present, our members, and private and concerned citizens. These accomplishments have also been realized with few financial resources and no public funding. CASP relies almost entirely on membership fees and private donations. Membership however is much more than generating the revenue necessary to sustain this important work. Your membership provides much needed moral support and encouragement. Membership helps create: relationships, connections, energy, interest, and mechanisms to effectively communicate and mobilize people and communities across Canada in a common cause. Our voice and message become stronger and clearer as more people join our cause and support our efforts to prevent suicide and provide support to those who grieve the loss of a loved one who died by suicide.
What do I get for my membership?
- Grants you access to the Centre for Suicide Prevention library database which contains approximately 44,000 scholarly articles on suicide prevention – a value of $500. If you are renewing your membership, you already have your password and log in. For new members, this will be provided by the Centre.
- Free resources – are you hosting an event or want resources for your organization? Feel free to connect with Jenna email@example.com to share with you
- Your voice at key tables such as the Collaborative for Suicide Prevention which CASP co-chairs with the Mental Health Commission of Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada and a connection with a wide network of experts in suicide prevention across Canada
- You are part of the suicide prevention social media community – which is very engaging. Please provide updates, share pictures of events and let Canada know about the great work you are doing @CASP_CA / FB – Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Provides you updates through our mailing list. For members in your community that may wish to receive updates and stay informed, simply ask them to click on the “Receive Updates and Resources” button on the homepage of the website http://suicideprevention.ca/receive-updates-resources/
- Discounted rates at our annual conference