Call for Expressions of Interest to Host the CASP Conference 2018
CASP and its Conference Committee welcome expressions of interest in hosting the annual conference in 2018.
CASP works closely with local hosts to organize each annual conference. Hosts typically provide leadership to the conference by articulating the theme, organizing the proposal selection/review process, and constructing the conference program in collaboration with CASP, as well as identifying the location for the conference and managing all local arrangements. CASP supports the hosts by offering guidance, networking, as well as supplying a dedicated website including the online system for proposal selection/review and for collecting conference registrations. The funding and financial management of the conference is the responsibility of the host.
Expressions of interest to host a conference must include:
- Name, title/position, and institutional affiliation of primary contact and names/institutions of other proposed members of the conference organizing team
- Host institution(s)
- City and province in which conference would be held
- Intended site of the conference – a university campus, conference center, a hotel, or some other venue
- Tentative dates in October on which the conference would be held (as the conference is traditionally held in the month of October)
- A brief statement (max 200 words) outlining the reasons why the institution(s) and location are appropriate as hosts for the CASP conference
- Identification of how conference costs will be addressed
- Any additional information (expected number of attendees, marketing plans, etc.) that support this submission.
Expressions of interest should be emailed no later than September 15th, 2017 to [email protected] specifying “Expression of interest for Conference 2018” in the subject line.
The Expression of interest will be reviewed by the Board’s Conference Committee and potential hosts will be invited by September 30th, 2017 to submit a more detailed proposal.
Questions about expressions of interest, hosting the conference, or the selection process should be directed to Julie Kathleen Campbell.
We thank you for your interest.