This document is based on a handbook of the same name developed by Klinic Community Health Centre. Some of the descriptions as to what happens at the hospital contained within this document, will vary from region to region.
This guide is to help you when someone you care about has made a suicide attempt or demonstrated other suicidal behaviours. It provides:
- Information on what will happen at the hospital, your loved one’s rights and your rights.
- An understanding of what is happening for someone struggling with thoughts of suicide.
- Tips on how you can help and support someone who is struggling.
- Ways to take care of yourself during this difficult time.
- A list of resources and references.